- 9 May 2022
Wednesday the 11th May students in the northern hemisphere will revise for the last time, and sit down in an exam hall to answer the questions in this years IBDP Biology Exams. Whether HL or SL, aiming for grade 7 or grade 4 we hope you have...
- 9 May 2022
Probably the most daunting questions IB Biology students have to answer are the extended response questions. They are not essays, but they do require a little structure. This post shares helpful ideas about how to approach these questions....
- 20 April 2022
Multiple choice questions are more difficult than they look in IB exams because the examiners usually include tempting distracters amongst the choices of answers. Students who are alert to the possibility of partly correct answers will achieve...
This is an introduction to the Cell Biology topic. This page lists the understandings and skills expected for topic one. Helpful for revision.
This is an introduction to the molecular biology topic. It lists understandings, skills and links to activities for Topic 2 including water, carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, enzymes, DNA, RNA, protein synthesis, respiration and photosynthesis.
These pages contain questions written directly in the style of examination questions. Paper 1 style questions are multiple choice. You are not permitted to use a calculator or the data book for Paper 1, but you should use a periodic table. These...
This is an introduction to the human physiology topic. It lists understandings and skills expected for Topic 6 including digestion, heart and circulation, immune system, lungs and gas exchange, the nervous system, hormones and reproduction.
- I just really love Biology and this site is amazing for me as it is so clear and easy to understand!Ciaran, IS Toulouse (France)
- It is life saving... I am passing IB because of this site!Dihini Pilimatalawwe, King George V School (Hong Kong)
- The best resource for IB students!Lena Marks, The American School of Doha (Qatar)
- The site helps me with my revision, and it makes me confident for my exams!Aishwarya Iyer, NPS International School (Singapore)
- I love this site, it is so helpful in making sure the content is both comprehensive but easily understandable.Falak Rafi, Mount Vernon High School (USA)