Your one stop virtual teacher, practice zone & revision guide!
Welcome to this study IB site for students of the IB Mathematics Applications and Interpretation course. This short page is designed as a brief introduction to the site to help you understand what is here and how you can use it. The site is designed to be a 'virtual teacher' and a 'practice and revision center'. The virtual teacher aspect is a huge bank of slides and videos aimed at explaining the key concepts of the course. These are then backed up by revision flashcards, hundreds of practice questions with advice and feedback and exam style questions with full worked solutions. In short, everything you need to support the studying and assessment of this course.
Premium Subscription - 54 Euros a year only for full access to all of this. Monthly subscriptions are available for 12 euros and there are incentives for recommending this to other students! Just check out the subscribe button. Our aim is to provide an indispensible study support resource for the whole course for the same price of 1 hours private tuition. We think it is extrodinary value for money and are sure you will too!
What is here?
- 200+ Teaching videos covering the key concepts on the syllabus.
- 200+ Slides with visual explanations and examples.
- Hundreds of onscreen practice questions with feedback on each topic
- A questionbank with 1700+ questions with answers and explanations where you can choose a set to practice on by number of questions, topic, subtopic and difficulty level.
- Revision cards
- 100+ original exam style questions with video solutions
- Regular updates with more videos and questions going up every month.
- You can also find a comprehensive section on how to use your Your Graphical Display Calculator
- There is a really helpful chapter on how to consider your IA & technology
- A crucial section on Exam Advice
- With a subsection on how to get Sixes & sevens
These allow you to review key syllabus concepts that you have learned in class. Slow, careful demonstrations and explanations that you can watch again and again. Designed to make you think and help you understand and improve. Some are designed to explain concepts from the beginning and others are focussed on very specific skills
Each topic page starts with a gallery of teaching slides that can be easily scanned so that you can find a slide that offers you a quick explanation, if you don't want to watch the whole video. Like flicking through the pages of a book, this section is desigend to be a quick reference guide to what you are looking for. You can click on any image to make it fill the screen and then swipe through them - this works really well on a mobile device.
On Screen Quizzes
This is a huge section of the site allowing lots and lots of practice. You can get instant feedback on your answers including advice about how to tackle the question and worked solutions. See the example below.
We reconginse that when preparing for assessments, that you will want shorter and shorter references. For that reason, each topic comes with a short set of revision cards for really quick reference.
Exam Style Questions
The end of each chapter has a selection of questions like the ones you can expect in your assessments. You can download and print a version of these from the top of the topic page and then watch video solutions! See this example from the probability topic.